Monday, July 13, 2009

Goapele Gives Auto-Tune a Little CPR



Bay Area native (holla!) Goapele returns after a long hiatus (at least as far as recording goes; she's been touring constantly since her last album Change It All dropped in 2005) with "Milk & Honey".

I'm gonna just get it out of the way: Goapele used auto-tune on this, albeit only ever so slightly. While I will always have a soft spot in my heart for voice alteration (Zapp much?) I do agree with Camel on its overuse. I could have done without it on this track but it doesn't detract all that much.

That aside, the highlights: Goapele using her signature, unaltered dewy vocals over a mellow, psychedelic funk beat that sounds like something off an old Isleys album. "Milk & Honey" could easily double as a description of her style of music. I'm eagerly awaiting for the new album which almost certainly serve as studying, blunt-smoking and love-making music all at once.

Goapele "Milk & Honey" - zShare | Mediafire

BONUS: Goapele "Don't Be Shy" - zShare | Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment